“If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him.” –JFK, Amherst College Address (Oct 26, 1963)

Monday, April 18, 2011

Finding a mind is easier than finding a brain.

This last week was pretty weird and that is one of the reasons why this post is so darn late. I'm sorry to all of you that had to do two comments when I didn't have my post up. So just to start off I want to take a look at my drawing/picture because this is what I believe to be one out of only two drawings that I produced last week. I like drawing the hands because I don't get so stressed out about the proportions and how they move etc. This picture however could have been a great deal better because the lines are really thick when they shouldn't be and the contour lines really don't add up as well as they should but I am working on both of those things. This week we worked on our manikins and on hand drawings, and I think that thus far working on hands is a lot more enjoyable for me. Not only because I am fascinated with hands but also because of the way that we have been able to work and how we can do the manikin hands or the model's hand or the clay. It's a bummer though that I feel as if I'm starting to improve and now we are really getting down to the last couple weeks of class. I'm so nervous to be out of school because I really do think that I'm going to lose a lot of the hard earned progress and that scares me. I suppose that we will see whether or not that is true when we all show up next year. I wish I could be in school all year round but unfortunately I don't have enough money to do so. I hope that all of you have been having a wonderful week and that I see you all in class on Wednesday before we get a little bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment